posture

My attitude; my pose; my characteristic ways; my thoughts or behavior.

Would your eyes like midnight fireflies light up the trenches where our love lies?
~ Sarah McLachlan
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
~ Proverbs 31:30

Saturday, December 25, 2004

Christmas 2004


I decided that for the first year in 20 over years (minus the times we were out of the country), my family would attend another church's Christmas service this morning. We had already seen the Christmas play and the speaker was preaching the same message so it gave us a good reason to check out SIB. Yay!

The service was held at Eastin Hotel and for the first time, it felt somewhat strange to be the newcomer. To be the ones people welcome and shaking new hands at the door as opposed to the familiar pastors greeting us each Sunday. And when it came to "welcoming visitors and those here for the first time", I finally knew how it felt being in the company of fellow brothers and sisters, unknown. Thank goodness the pastor asked us to wave instead of standing. hahaha. And to think these things don't bother me. :P

I met up with Elaine (Tan) and Alex and exchanged greetings and gifts and also bumped into a lot of familiar faces after the service while everyone was mingling over fingerfood and coffee. Now we know where all the missing FGA members have flown to! ha! My parents even met one of their FGA friends from many, many years back. A couple who could barely recognised me as their only memory of me was that of a ten year old girl. We later found out that they were on visiting mode too, and have been attending DUMC all these years. Ah-ha...

Then it was lunch at my aunt's. Christmas day lunch equals to Christmas Eve dinner leftovers. haha. Same food with one addition to the menu: Turkey soup. Then it was gift-giving time...clearing all the presents from beneath the Christmas tree. To see the expressions and smiles on the faces of the receivers when they tear those ribbons and papers to reveal their gift...aaah, priceless! :D

By the time we got home, I was exhausted. I knew I needed a nap. I wouldn't be able to stay awake for dinner at Mel's if I didn't take a rest.
I overslept. :P Sent Mel a text message to tell her I'll be late. But as the saying goes, better late than never because Mel had a feast waiting for us! It was nothing short of YUMMY!!!



yummy yum yum yum! Chef Mel LG whipped up a storm! I had three servings, okay? That's like three times what I had at my aunt's! Not to forget two rounds of the dessert Liz brought with her. Bloated was the word. Blerghhh...hehe.


no, we didn't plan the colour theme for the night. It comes naturally when you're in the 'fellowship'. hahaha. Too bad we were short of one aunty. Sigh...

I'm happy this Christmas. Not because I overdid myself with Christmas shopping this year. Not because I tried to be at three places in one time. Not because I attempted stretching one day to last a little longer.
This year, was the first year I was able to take two days off before Christmas. Every other year had me working, even on Christmas Eve with barely time to savour the festive moment and do things at my own pace and time and just be. This year, I also spent time equally with family and friends and was able to share the celebration not just as a family affair. This year, I am...from the bottom of my heart...sincerely H-A-P-P-Y on Christmas day. Such pure and simple happiness, I can only wish to you all as this year draws to an end. With no burdens, no anger, no hatred, no resentment, no guilt, no regrets, no depression...just the awesome feeling of being set-free from the negative.

Blessed Christmas...with love. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home