Christmas Eve 2004
Oh, what a day! Got up early in the morning to discuss the day's schedule with my mum. Got dress and headed straight to 1Utama - one, to go grab that dress I wanted so badly but didn't purchase yesterday, and two, to search for one of the paperbags I left (hopefully in MPH if my memory serves me right) after shopping for eight straight hours yesterday. I had braved myself to enter the MNG sale, a madhouse in my opinion, not to mention the lack of oxygen in the store! Ladies were rushing for the bargained products like they were free-of-charge. I didn't bother with the queue to the fitting room. I grabbed a few pieces of winter-wear, positioned myself as best I can among the tight squeeze of massive crowd to balance myself in front of a store mirror while I try them on. Despite the ridiculous cashier queue (boy, was it a long line!), armed with patience and joy that I surprisingly found the bright pink trench I had tried months back at MNG Isetan Lot 10 with Liz, Mel and Elaine - now at half price (yay!), along with some marked down lacey spaghetti strap tops as Christmas gifts for a few ladies on my list, I'm proud to say, I survived the MNG sale before I lost my breath completely. :P With all those heavy bags, I had to make a stop and refuel myself with a smoothie at Freo's. Heh! ;)
Then it was more shopping at MPH to get a book for Kenny and Pau Ling where a kind MPH sales person walked up to me and said, "M'am, may I help you with those bags? They look really heavy". And I was pleasantly escorted to the counter where he placed all my shopping bags in a storage area and handed me a number token. I never knew MPH offered such a service but then I found out it wasn't really made known due to the limited space they had. After making my payment, the girl who handed me my shopping bags missed out on one and because I was rushing, I didn't check either. I didn't even realise I was missing a bag until this morning! Talk about way too much shopping for a day! :P A walk into Phenomenal also blessed me with a brand new dress bought at a discount. Yay! Last minute Christmas shopping joy.
I tried to rush my trip back to 1Utama today. I went back to the boutique only to be disappointed - someone else had bought my dress...in my size. :( They had one more left. In large. I contemplated...and then walked out feeling immense sadness. But as I always believe, things are meant to be. And so I went on looking for my mum's gift and ran a few other last minute Christmas shopping rounds. I bumped into Kenny and he said, "why not try the dress and see if it's really too big?". That made my heart unsettled. So before I left the mall, I decided, alright, you're going in there to try the dress on and get closure, okay? haha. And so I did...only to find that, it could be altered to fit my size. Ah...joyful joyful! hehehe. And so yes, ladies and gentlemen, I am a proud owner of my first ever BCBGMaxAzria dress. Let the fireworks begin! :D
Was smiling all the way driving home feeling all tra-la-la-la-la and knowing I had 30% more gift wrapping to get done. It was wrapping alllll the way the minute I got home. Right up till dinner time - getting dressed and ready and trying not to forget anything like my camera and putting all the gifts in their appropriate bags and driving down to PJ again for dinner.
Christmas gifts 101: wrap right up till the eleventh hour...wrappers, scissors, tape, ribbons, paper and pen.
food, glorious food. On the menu this year:
roast turkey, smoked ham, garlic bread, bacon pie, mixed vegetables, garden salad, potato salad, yam cake, roast chicken wings, stuffed egg, red wine and fruit punch.
we three queens of orient high
haha, definitely the highlight of the night: Chris finally introduced her boyfriend, Kah Heng a.k.a. Jon to the family (family being the uncles and aunties and granny and adults. The young ones like us knew alllll along!) Looks like he passed the endless Q&A session and could tolerate my mum's 'noise'. I'm impressed! haha.
Dinner was lovely, though the turkey was a tad bit dry compared to last year's but the company I was surrounded with made-up for it instantly. I wondered if it was a psychological thing to a certain extend...knowing that I won't be around for next year's Christmas Eve dinner and enjoy the same moment. One can only make the best of it...and I think I surely did.
We left my aunt's about half passed twelve. I was heading down to Bangsar to meet Steven, Kenny, Weng and a few others. Khairul and YK had contacted me earlier and said they'll meet me there. Driving to Bangsar wasn't a problem. Getting into the parking wasn't that bad either. But...the horror of it all when I approached Telawi Street...oh my! The streets were in total chaos! Mess everywhere and people running amok with their snow and string spray cans. People were attacked, there were fights, there were screams, there was running everywhere you couldn't even make out who was chasing who. I couldn't help the words running through my head - This is not what Christmas is meant to be. Sigh...
It would've been impossible to escape being sprayed at. A guy ran up to me, held a spray can straight into my face and I was drowned just like an insect being hunted down by the chemicals from a Ridsect/ Mortein can. For fear of more attacks, I got my phone out and called Kenny but he didn't answer. Was probably too noisy in Flams. Then I called Steven and said I need him to come get me. But just standing where I was wouldn't help either. So I slowly made my way up the streets, avoiding eye contact with any of the insane. I finally got to Flams, met Steven at the door and got a call from Khairul who had just arrived with YK, and all four of us went in.
The music wasn't great. I had Coke on the rocks. I met my friends, wished them all and that was that. I could've headed home from my aunt's but thought I'd just drop by and say hi. So we left at around 2.30a.m.
Oh! Wait...that wasn't all. Some guy actually came up to me and introduced himself. haha. Ronald's his name. How it happened was Ronald's friend was walking passed me, offered a handshake and wished me Merry Christmas. I did the same. Then the both of them walked to the side and started a 'discussion' which I kinda noticed from the side of my eye. Then I guess with much persuasion from his friend, Ronald got the courage to walk over to me (while I had my guy friends on my left and right) and started up a conversation. Story is, he works in Perth and has a PR there and had just arrived to KL. It was his first night out and he wanted to buy me a drink. So that's that. In case you're wondering, this seldom happens to me, if at all. And...Ronald couldn't buy me a drink. I had said yes but when he walked over to the bar, my friends decided to call it a night. So I thanked Ronald and did the whole courtesy nice-to-meet-you-thanks-for-the-drink-sorry-I-can't-stay-enjoy-yourself line and left. Oh, and I also have his number though he doesn't have mine. So if you know anyone who might be interested in a twenty-something Malaysian Chinese with an Australian PR now working in Perth who's slightly taller than me by say...2 feet while I'm in my 3 inches heels, give me a call. Sorry I don't have more details with me. hahaha.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home