posture

My attitude; my pose; my characteristic ways; my thoughts or behavior.

Would your eyes like midnight fireflies light up the trenches where our love lies?
~ Sarah McLachlan
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
~ Proverbs 31:30

Monday, December 06, 2004

Sidang Injil Borneo

I got a call on Monday evening from Elaine (Tan) to join her for SIB's 10th anniversary fund-raising dinner last night because Alex (Tan) had other engagements that night and couldn't make it as planned. I had no plans for Sunday night so I thought it would be nice to attend the dinner and even more when I found out Adrian and Jas were going to perform part of the musical I'm gonna watch this coming Saturday.

The dinner was fabulous. And by that I don't mean the food was good, nor was the service (the waiter kept spilling soup and gravy and tea all over the table. hehe) or the sound system, as we couldn't really hear the exact words the performers were singing. It sounded muffled. What's excellent to me was the spirit of SIB. The event was very well organised and everyone dressed to impress despite the invitation stating 'smart casual'! hehe. What I enjoyed most was the short and sweet worship time and Christmas carols. I mean, how often do you get this in a banquet? It was almost like a wedding dinner, minus the yum-seng (chinese toast of drinks). One can only marvel at the talents of the young people in SIB. I'm definitely looking forward to the full musical this Saturday. ;)


Drunk Before Dawn, the musical


audience attention


Drunk Before Dawn, finale


with the stars of the night, Jas and Adrian

I remember this church from more than ten years ago when I was on my first and only mission trip to Sabah. I was part of the children's group performing for Christmas in my church that year and eight of the best were chosen for a mission trip to Sabah for two weeks. It was a blessing to be part of the team and SIB always has a memorable chapter in my life. I'm glad Pastor Chew, his wife and team planted the church in PJ and continue to work towards its growth for ten years now. I met some old acquaintances and familiar faces and may I say, SIB is overflowing with young adults! No wonder some of my friends have flocked over to that church! :P

This makes my second time to the convention centre in the span of three nights. What a wonderful weekend it has been. Was great to finally meet you, Jas. ;)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home