Star Light, Star Bright
My first FGA (Full Gospel Assembly) YAF (Young Adults Fellowship) Christmas party was held last night at Pan Pacific Glenmarie. After constant reminding that we girls shouldn't be wearing 'revealing' clothes, I decided to cover myself up in plain old boring black - even purchasing a brand new skirt instead of pulling out one of my many coloured halter or tube dresses from the closet. Well, money's not lost as I do love my new skirt. But the feeling you get when arriving at the ballroom only to see many other young ladies in their barebacks, cleavage revealing, sexy ensemble can only make you go, err...hmmm... looks like I've been too law abiding with the rules. Ah well. :P
seat reserved for a star. heehee
our nice little table no. 20
pleasant opening number to kickstart the night. No Billy Crystal, I'm afraid. :) (Alex...gotta brush up on the photography now...looks like the focus of the picture was the lamp! hehe)
no surprise - the winner of Best Dressed Male. (note: no offense but I didn't vote for you! I really did not! :P)
I have to applaud the crew of Star Awards for their excellent work that night. From technicians, musicians, ushers, lighting crew, the emcees (Justin was quite shockingly fantastic!), it was a successful event and this coming from a person who has seen proms-go-wrong, showcases go messy and boring old yawn-yawn wedding dinners. Of course, the impression SIB's anniversary dinner left on me just a couple of weeks back is still fresh but nevertheless, this was great effort shown by the YAF of FGA.
Guests were definitely dressed to impress! To see the guys go the extra mile in their suits and bowties was pretty interesting. I noticed some ladies even rented gowns from bridal boutiques. Uh-huh. :P The endless photography only proved that this one night was a moment to remember; as if the ballroom was filled with cinderellas and frog princes who would each transform back into their original t-shirt and jeans self the next morning in church! haha. Thank God for digital cameras eh? Snap away, people. Click!
I enjoyed the creativity seen in the ads and performances last night. Coming from design backgrounds, both Alex and I could only laugh our heads off at the presentations. hahaha. Real good stuff, I must say.
All in all, a great night. Only wished some guys weren't as shy as they are. Sometimes you think they outgrow these things when they've spent years working and meeting people but apparently not. :P As for us girls, hey, we have every right to be coy. heh heh. But yeah, I observed that most 'young adults' still stick to their own clique; their gang; their kakis, the way teenagers do. Only a few strangers would go around introducing themselves and socialising a little. I believe it does take effort, especially to those who may be sick of having to do it daily at work. Hmmm...now why does that sound familiar? :P
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home