2004 Weddings
The year 2004 marked the start of weddings among my circle of friends...or at least let's just say wedding invitations were addressed to me, not my parents, and I actually knew the bride and/or groom instead of going "huh? who's child is this getting married, pa? Uncle/ Aunty so-and-so?". But little did I know that once the ball got rolling, it would not stop at anything less than three weddings, most of which I was not prepared for! Goodness gracious me!
So here's me rounding up last year's weddings with a congratulatory post to all my married friends who will be celebrating their first anniversary this year. I wonder who will be tying the knot this year??? :D Hmmm... hehehe.
Mr. and Mrs. Vignesh Krisnan
(photo taken by Kenny)
21st & 22nd February 2004
Church on Saturday, Indian temple on Sunday
When Vig sms me about his wedding, I actually thought it was a joke and deleted it. No, really. Until I received the invitation card in my mail - I was stunned! Vig, one of "Cleo's Most Eligible Bachelor" candidates in 2001 married Sue Leen in a cross-cultural-religious theme. The couple are proud parents of their five year old daughter. I was out of town and missed the wedding so I actually haven't seen this guy for more than a year now. How time flies.
Mr. and Mrs. Chan Wai Keong
(photo taken by Jaime)
12th June 2004
PJ Hilton Ballroom, Selangor, Malaysia
An expected event. The marriage of my once upon a time manager and colleague...now karaoke partner, fellow member of our circle of aunties and good friend, Elaine, to her college sweetheart of eleven years, Wai Keong. Finally! :P
Next up, motherhood. ;) hehehe.
Mr. and Mrs. Mark Lim
(photo taken by Jaime)
7th August 2004
Church of St. Francis Assisi, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
8th August 2004
Bukit Kiara Resort, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I still remember the state of shock I was in when I first heard news the marriage of my ex-colleagues, Mark and Sue An. Yes, they've been dating forever but the wedding was definitely a sudden announcement. These two are a thrill to look at as they complement each other in ways no other can. Just last month, they welcomed their baby girl, Shelby, to the world. Let's see if she takes after daddy or mummy. :)
Mr. and Mrs. Pierre-Emmanuel Granger
(photo courtesy of Helena)
21st August 2004
Fontaine City Hall, France
I had to be double shocked within the same month through an e-mail announcing the marriage of my classmate of seven years, Helena, to her French love, Pierre, whom she met while working at Help Institute and moved to France to be with. If not for the sudden notice and me being tight in finances, I would've rsvp-ed the invitation and flown over to France for the wedding! Am really happy that after kissing a few frogs, she finally met her Prince. :)
Mr. and Mrs. Tim Ooi
(photo courtesy of Lee Kin)
21st November 2004
Nathania Springs Reception, Monbulk, Dandenong, VIC Australia
And then came the marriage of my college and Uni mate, Pui Kit (Esther) to her Australian Penang-ite (from the state of Penang, Malaysia) boyfriend, Tim. We were totally surprised when she announced their engagement via e-mail as they were only dating for less than a year. It was the topic of discussion whenever we Malaysians in KL met-up for dinner/ coffee. Well, needless to say, she's soooo into him! haha, hence the expected wedding! It's ammmazinggg to see her growth and transformation from a very timid chinese educated Cameron Highlands girl in college, to a four years Australian residence with a pharmacy job, finding her "Malaysian" husband in Melbourne and getting hitched so quickly. Wow.
Mr. and Mrs. Cheong Yew Leun
(photo taken by Kenny)
14th October 2004
Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The surprise goes on. I got to know the bride through Sue. Wai Ee's a sweet, sweet girl who at one time, I could relate to, as she was going through a phase of nonsense with her ex-boyfriend. But once she met Yew Leun, it was as if they were dating one day, and getting married the next! :D
Mr. and Mrs. Tan Chin Heng
(photo taken by Jaime)
2nd December 2004
Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The marriage of Chin Heng to his college sweetheart of eight years, Lee Ming. Chin Heng, Chin Heng...what can I say? I nice bloke. Ambitious, loves food, full of smiles each time I see him...and very simply, a man at heart. He was absolutely happy that night, causing severe jaw ache for all of us from way too much smiling and laughing. Congrats CH! It's time to get used to wearing a ring twenty-four-seven...NOW! hahaha. :P
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home