Hurdle #1 - It has to begin with an end
Finally...the long awaited day that's been troubling me for the longest time, has come.
Today is the day I tender in my resignation to the job I once thought was impossible to step foot into, an establishment I thought would only appear in my dreams, the position that saw me purchasing a brand new suit and the uncertainties of my abilities in securing the part that I nervously researched and read up on for nights before the interview.
This day has been postponed from month to month and can no longer wait. To make way for the new, I have to clear out the old. Even if the old means stability and smooth-flowing routine.
A long process of thoughts, concerns and worries have gone into this casserole of mixed emotions. A heartfelt thanks to those who have upholded me in prayer...I sure did need some. :)
In short, I have made my decision. It has been done. And the response? Upsetting. But thankfully, not as bad as I expected it to be. ;)
Every job has its ups and downs yet I have served in this company the longest in the past four years of my working life. Leaving is going to be bittersweet; knowing that printed on one side of the coin is the excitement and fear of my brand new journey while the other side shows me giving up what I have devoted and learned so much from the past couple of years as well as the opportunity to grow further in this industry...clearly a field I never dreamt would make an appearance in my career path.
I've always been a believer of there-is-a-reason-for-everything, only that, we just don't see it...yet. Sometimes things won't make sense to others no matter how hard you try explaining yourself.
Sometimes you feel for something/ someone so strongly but you can't physically show it - kinda like inhaling and exhaling fresh pure air.
Sometimes your mind gets clouded and your vision blurry, making it very testing to stay focus.
God, give me strength.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home